Kopykat is committed to becoming an important part of our client's supply chain by acting ethically in relation to the environment, health and safety and equal opportunities. Our policies are available on request. In April 2008 Kopykat achieved the Green Mark accreditation.
Kopykat holds FSC Chain of Custody and are audited annually. FSC shows the journey of the paper from a well -managed forest to the end user. The FSC logo can be displayed on your printed material. Only printers who hold chain of custody are allowed to use the logo.
In summer 2014 we joined a carbon capture scheme in conjunction with our paper merchant and The Woodland Trust. This helps create new native woodland in the UK.
JUST SOME OF OUR ACHIEVEMENTS
- Alcohol has been eliminated from the printing process.
- Vegetable based inks are used.
- Reverse osmosis is used which controls PH when printing and reduces water wastage.
- Metal plates are recycled.
- Paper is recycled.
- Plastic containers and packaging is recycled.
- Wooden pallets are collected and made into chipboard.
- Ink tins are crushed and recycled.
- Chemicals are disposed of ethically by a registered waste agency.
- Film has been eliminated from the production process, film contains silver crystals that are highly toxic.
- A turn off policy is in place to conserve energy.
- Some electricity is bought from renewable sources.
- Toner cartridges are recycled.
- DVDs and CDs are recycled.
November 2006 saw the installation of a state-of-the-art Kodak computer-to-plate system which completely eliminated chemicals and waste from our pre-press process. By eliminating alcohol from the printing process this has resulted in higher quality print with sharper dots and more vibrant colours, alcohol is one of the biggest causes of low level ozone.
We were one of the first print companies in the UK to eliminate chemicals from our process.